3. “主将从现”见于让步状语从句

We’ll go even if it rains. 即使下雨我们也去。

He’ll come even if he’s i11. 他即使生病也会来。

He’ll definitely win, even if he falls over. 即使他跌倒了,他也必胜。

Even if he had the money, he wouldn’t buy it. 他即使有钱也不会买它。

I’ll try to come, though I doubt if I’ll be there on time. 我尽量来,但不敢说能准时到.

He’ll probably say no, though it’s worth trying. 他很可能不同意,但不妨去试探一下。

二、非通常情况

1. 主句是祈使句,如何理解“主将从现”

有时主句不是用的一般将来时,而是祈使句。由于祈使句本身表示将来意义,与一般将来时性质相似,所以此时的状语从句也习惯上用一般现在时表将来——这可以视为“主将从现”的一种变体。如:

Put it in your diary before you forget. 用记事本记下免得忘了。

Switch the light off before you change the bulb. 换灯泡前把灯关上。

Wait until the paint has completely dried. 一直等到油漆完全乾了。

Continue until you reach the end of the road. 继续走,一直走到路的尽头。

Avoid bending at the waist when lifting heavy objects. 举重物时不要弯腰。

Do not open the door when the train is in motion. 列车行驶时不要打开车门。

上一页
下一页
阅读全文