4."Dear me, " he said to himself, "Am I foolish or unfit for my office?" “哎呀!”他心里嘀咕着,“我是愚蠢呢还是不称职?”

五、well表示快慰、让步、期望、讥讽、解释、责备、犹豫等,可译为“好吧、不过、好啦、嗯”等。

1. Well, your father has found him in the garage. 好啦,你父亲在车库里找到他了。

2.Are you sure? Well, perhaps you,are right. 你能肯定吗?嗯,也许你说得对。

3.Well, you must come to lunch tomorrow. 不过,你明天一定要来吃午饭。

4.I handed the note to him and said, "Oh,very well,I apologize." 我把那张票子递给了他,说道:“啊,好极了,我向你道歉。”

5.Well, why don't you make a notice like theirs? 那么,你为什么不做个像他们那样的广告牌呢?

六、now表示警告、命令、请求、说明、安慰筹,可译为“喂、喏、好了”等,有时也可不必译出。

1.Now, now, you two, Don't fight again. 喂,喂,你们俩,别再打了。

2.Now, now, my boy! It's all right! There's no need to cry! 好了,好了,孩子,没事了,别哭了。

3.Now, let's play basketball. 喏,咱们打篮球吧!

4.Now, lift me up, Doctor, lift me up. Where is he? 把我扶起来吧,医生,把我扶起来。他在哪里?

七、there表示得意、鼓励、同情、悲哀、不耐烦、失望、安慰、挑衅、引起注意等,可译为“哟、瞧、好啦、得啦”等。

1.There! There! Never mind, you'll soon feel better. 好啦,好啦,不要紧,你马上会好的。

2.There,there,you said too much. 得啦,得啦,你说的太多了。

3.There—I've filled it up again. 瞧,我又把它灌满了。

4.There—what's that? 哟,那是什么!

上一页
下一页
阅读全文